Please also read our Terms and Conditions of Use.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
This website and any products and services offered herein are not intended for persons under the age of 18.
We prohibit children under the age of 18 from using any and all interactive portions of this website, including leaving any comments, filling out forms, or otherwise submitting information. A child’s parent or guardian should contact us if we have inadvertently collected any information or content from that child without the parent or guardian’s authorization, so that we may delete that information from our records.
CAN-SPAM Act of 2003
We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are in compliance with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing (CAN-SPAM) Act of 2003 and will not send misleading information.
Personal Information We Collect
The type of personal information we collect depends on how you are interacting with us.
The personal information we collect from you consists of the following:
- Name and contact data, such as, first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data;
- Payment information, such as, payment card number (credit or debit card), and the security code associated with your payment instrument, if you make a payment; and
- Comments, feedback, questions and other information you provide to us.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
How We Use the Information You Provide
We will not sell or trade your personal information.
We will not transfer your personal information unless we give you advance written notice or need to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce our agreements.
Depending on how you interact with us, we use your personal information to:
- Process and fulfill an order, download, subscription, or other transaction;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Send marketing emails;
- Ask for ratings and reviews of services;
- Inform you of and administer promotions, or surveys;
- Help us address problems with and improve our website;
- Follow up with you after correspondence via phone, Zoom, or live chat;
- Protect the security and integrity of our website; and
- Contact you for other business reasons, if necessary.
“Cookies” are small text files that are placed on a computer or other device and used to identify the user or device and to collect information when you visit a website.
We use absolutely necessary cookies, which allow you to move around our website and use its features.
You can disable cookies through your web browser’s settings but disabling this function may diminish your experience on our website as some features may not work as intended.
We use Google Analytics to access standard metrics such as the number of website users interacting with our website, their number of sessions, what they do, when they are viewing our website, how they found our website, and how they interact with our content.
For information regarding how Google uses data when you use Google’s partners’ sites, visit: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
Website users may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics Opt-Out Page.
“Do Not Track” (DNT) Signals
Some browsers transmit Do Not Track (DNT) signals to websites.
Due to the lack of a common interpretation of DNT signals throughout the industry, we do not currently alter, change, or respond to DNT requests or signals from these browsers.
How the Information is Shared and Stored
We also will disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
- detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues; and/or
- protect the rights, property, or safety of VivianRank.com, our users, employees or others.
Our current third-party service providers include:
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements, or until such time as you let us know you would like for us to delete it or unsubscribe from our marketing contacts.
Information Protection and Security
Our website uses commercially acceptable security measures to prevent your personal information from being lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We use a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate and never transmit your credit card information via email. If you receive an email from us that appears to be a request for personal information, do not respond because it may be a phishing scam designed to steal your personal information.
We cannot guarantee that your personal information will always be secure. Should there be a data breach, we will notify you when we are legally required to do so.
Use and Transfer of Your Information Out of the European Economic Area (EEA)
This website is operated in the United States and the third parties with whom we might share your personal information (as explained above) are also located in the United States or other countries located outside the European Economic Area.
If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide will be transferred to the United States. By using this website, participating in any of its services and/or providing your information, you consent to this transfer.
Your Rights to Control Your Information
You can unsubscribe from our e-newsletters or updates at any time through the unsubscribe links found in the communications you receive from us.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
The CCPA provides Californian residents with the following rights with respect to their personal information:
- Right to request disclosure: to know the personal information collected about you and the purpose for its collection.
- Right to request a copy: to make a personal information request twice in a given 12-month period
- Right to deletion: to have your personal information deleted upon a verifiable request.
- Right to say “no” to sale: to opt out of the sale of your personal information.
- Right to not be discriminated against: the right to equal service and price even if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
In the last 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers: Name and email address through opt-in quiz or direct email
- Customer records information: Name, address, telephone number
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: Do not collect
- Geolocation data: Do not collect
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information: Do not collect
- Professional or employment-related information: Collect only for active coaching clients
- Education information: Collect only for active coaching clients
If you are covered by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may have rights under European and other laws to have access to your personal information and to ask us to rectify, erase and restrict use of your personal information. You may also have rights to object to your personal information being used, to ask for the transfer of personal information you have made available to us, and to withdraw consent to the use of your personal information. Further information on how to exercise your rights is set out below.
We will honor your rights under applicable data protection laws. You have the following rights under European laws, and may have similar rights under the laws of other countries:
- Right of access: to make a written request for access to and a copy of your personal information
- Right to rectification: to have your inaccurate personal information corrected or removed
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): to have your personal information erased
- Right to restriction of processing: to limit the purposes that your personal information may be used for
- Right to object: to object to the processing of your personal information in cases where our processing is based on direct marketing, processing for scientific/historical research and statistics, legitimate interest processing, and processing in regards to the performance of a public interest or official authority task
- Right to data portability: to have your personal information transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable format
- Right to withdraw consent: to withdraw your consent that we handle your personal information at any time. The withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal
These rights are not absolute and they do not always apply in all cases.
Filing a Complaint
If you are covered by the GDPR, and you are not content with how we manage your personal information, you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you are a resident, work, or where the alleged infringement of data protection laws took place.
Vivian E. Rank
17400 Evener Way, Eden Prairie, MN. 55346
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This policy is effective as of February 21, 2020.